K-Chill Blueberry Zen Bars
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 3 hrs
Yield: 9 bars
FOR THE CRUST
• 1⁄2 cup raw almonds, or nut of choice
• 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
• 3 pitted dates (soaked to soften)
• 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
• 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
FOR THE CREAMY FILLING
• 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water for at least six hours or preferably overnight (*see Additional Notes)
• 1⁄2 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
• 1⁄4 cup coconut oil (melted)
• 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• 1⁄2 cup Frozen Blueberries
• 1/2-1 tablespoon K-Chill Powder (or desired serving size)
FOR THE TOPPINGS
• 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
• 1⁄3 cup shredded coconut
• Lemon zest (desired amount)
1. Add the cashews, almonds, chopped pitted dates, coconut oil and salt to a food processor or high-powered blender and pulverize until it comes together into a sort of sticky dough, with small cashew/almond bits remaining.
*Note—Don’t over process, or it’ll turn into nut butter!
2. Press the date dough evenly along the bottom of the parchment lined 8-inch square dish/ pan. Place in freezer.
3. In the same food processor or high-powered blender, combine all of the filling ingredients (except for the K-Chill powder), blend until the mixture is silky smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides as necessary. You may need to add a bit more coconut milk or lemon juice to get it to blend smoothly if your blender isn’t high-powered. Once it’s smooth, taste the mixture and adjust the sweetness/tartness levels, if desired.
4. Add the K Chill powder to the filling in the blender. Blend on low, to combine (do not over blend or mix).
5. Take the pan out of the freezer. Pour the filling into the prepared pan over the crust. Smooth out the top. Place back into freezer.
6. Let set in the freezer for at least 2-3 hours or until completely firm. You can also store it in the refrigerator, but it will take longer to initially freeze.
7. Add toppings before cutting into bars: fresh/frozen blueberries, shredded coconut, & lemon zest. Cut into bar sized pieces, enjoy!
Store leftovers tightly wrapped in the freezer (3 months) or refrigerator (5 days).
You can also cover the cashews in very hot/boiling water and let them sit for about an hour if you want to speed up the process
– it won’t be quite as creamy, but it will do the trick!